Thursday 30 August 2012

Lobster Thermidor (my version)




Lobster Thermidor ( my version)

Lobster Thermidor is not exactly Medan cuisine. Since we were sent  a few lobster from Aceh, I have the opportunity to try to make "lobster Thermidor" of course my version, less complicated than the original recipe and use the ingredients that easily available in my town. 

The taste just as beautiful as the one I had before and my family loves it too.

You will need

800 - 900 gr lobster, boil for 10 minutes
25 gr butter
5 shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
100 ml fish stock
200 ml full cream milk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon 
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
50 gr freshly grated Parmesan cheese
50 gr mushroom, chopped
1/2 tbsp flour

For boiling the lobster 

You can use or make any stock, this is my simple way because I always stock garlic and shallot flake in my larder.

2.5 L water
2 tbsp onion flakes
1 tbsp salt



Directions

Wash well the lobster
Bring the stock to a boil for 10 minutes.
Put in the lobster and leave to cook for 10 minutes, drain and put the stock aside.
Cut the lobster in half lengthwise, and remove the meat from the tail and cut about 7 mm, Leave to one side. 
Remove any meat from the head and set aside. 
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and stir until tender and put the flour, stir well
Mix in the fish stock and the milk and Bring to a boil, 
Add the mushroom and half of the Parmesan cheese and cook until the liquid thicken and reduced. 
 Mix in the lemon juice, salt and pepper and the last one is the lobster, stir well and turn the heat off immediately 
Preheat your oven's broiler.
Put the mixture back into the lobster  and  Sprinkle the other half of Parmesan cheese over the top.
Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, just until golden brown. Serve immediately.




No comments:

Post a Comment